Thursday, September 8, 2011

Best Broccoli of Your Life

So I saw the original recipe on Pinterest and tried to give it a try. Those who know me well know that I'm not a huge broccoli fan. But I've been making a huge effort to eat more veggies since Brynna watches everything we eat and emulates that. Plus I wouldn't mind losing the 10 pounds that have crept back on since Brynna stopped nursing! So here it is and the title says it all. Truly amazing. I am so going to buy more broccoli and lemons tomorrow so I can eat this again.

Ingredients
Broccoli (2 heads)
olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic (I used garlic powder since I didn't have fresh garlic and still tasted great)
lemon

Directions
1. Toss chopped, dried broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper. (Original recipe says 5 Tbs olive oil, 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper, but I just eyeballed it.) Now add 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and sliced and toss them in too (or garlic powder if you feel like it).
2. Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, tossing occassionally.
3. Remove from oven, toss with 1/3 cup shredded parmesan. Zest one lemon over broccoli, squeeze lemon over broccoli.
4. Toss.
5. Enjoy.
6. Thank me later when your children actually eat broccoli.

1 comment:

  1. I never would have thought to combine lemon juice and broccoli, it was very yummy.

    ReplyDelete