Friday, May 20, 2011

Popeye Pasta

Brynna and I just made this dish and I wanted to share! This recipe was a favorite of my niece Sydney's as a toddler and now Brynna loves it too! I'd be lying if I said Mommy didn't enjoy it on crackers as well! I thought it was a great recipe to share because many of us have toddlers running around the house these days! It's quick and easy to make and a good source of iron, dairy, and fiber. I am also going to experiment with adding some veggie purees to it in the future. Pretty sure you could replace the milk with cauliflower puree without anyone noticing. :)

Ingredients
(1) package frozen Spinach
8 ounces pasta (calls for small pasta, I usually cook noodles and chop them finely)
4 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons milk
4 ounces grated cheese - I've used mozzerella and sharp cheddar

Directions
Cook spinach via directions on package, drain.
Cook pasta.
Saute spinach in butter.
Combine pasta, spinach, milk, cheeses and mix well.
Serve as is or delicious on crackers as well!

Mixing it up!
Taste testing her creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment